Happy 2015 everyone!
It’s been a month since we released Tripnary and we are absolutely thrilled with the response! We love that people are spending up to 2 hours in the app in one go! And how excited are we to get 50,000 swipes in a single day! Interestingly, the “Blue Lagoon Spa” in Iceland made it to most users bucket list. Thank you to each and every one of you for checking out Tripnary and sharing your thoughts.
Here are some exciting updates since launch –
- Trending: We made it to What’s Hot on Mashable! PureWow named Tripnary one of the “Best of the Year Chicago: Tech“. Thrillist, LA Times, Tnooz, Gizmodo UK too had some wonderful things to say!! We are also honored to be reviewed by top travel bloggers Beth Santos and Lisa Lubin, a three-time Emmy award winner.
- Climbing the Charts: We made it to the top 70 travel apps in the iOS Store. Sitting right below Roadtrippers and TripAdvisor was an amazing high. Yay!
- On the Air: Abhishek and Varun were interviewed by radio host Mike Stephen for Outside the Loop Chicago at 6am in the morning. Chicago wakes up super-early…even on a Saturday!?!?
- On the Road: Abhishek presented Tripnary at the Product Hunt Chicago Meetup with over 40 “hunters” in attendance. We were proud to share the stage with the likes of Raise, Thoughtly, and Matchup. Varun also attended Mobile Sparks 2014 where he picked some emerging app design techniques that we are planning to implement soon.
- It’s all Fun: It wasn’t all work – Varun attended a music concert hosted in Alsisar Mahal (Palace) in a small town in north west of Rajasthan, India. Abhishek snapped up a sweet deal on Tripnary to travel to Seattle from Chicago. He was lucky to find a few sunny days to frame some good shots. Check out their pictures below.
Coming up in 2015!
From the beginning we have tried to be very agile with developing the app. Build less and let our awesome users guide development of new features. We know that you are eagerly waiting for Tripnary to recommend places based on your interest. We are building this with a really interesting twist to blow everyone away.
Hey, we haven’t forgotten about our Android fans. Our goal is to refine the experience on iOS and then expand to other platforms very soon. Stay tuned!
We absolutely love all the feedback we get every day. Thanks again everyone and we promise to continue to work harder to make Tripnary even better and better.