Lead Android Developer
Tripnary is a seed-funded, an early stage travel startup based in Chicago. We are focused on building a disruptive mobile app that helps travelers save and organize the places they want to see and be ready for their next vacation. Tripnary can be best described as Pinterest travel boards meets Kayak. We want to eliminate the clutter of spreadsheets, bookmarks, emails, etc. that are currently used to document travel plans and provide an easy way to collect all the places you find in one app so you can instantly compare airfares to all your favorite destinations simultaneously with one tap! We have a slick mobile app with a jaw-dropping design that blows away everyone who sees it. We work out of 1871, the coolest co-working space for Chicago’s digital startups.
About the role
Tripnary is seeking a highly motivated visionary with experience in building mobile apps to join the team. As a partner, you will
- Collaborate with the founders to refine and execute on the Tripnary vision.
- Spearhead end-to-end development and participate in planning, architecture, design and implementation of a beautiful and intuitive travel app.
- Guide the product roadmap and help deliver features that provide maximum value to Tripnary’s users.
- Be a team player with an open mind possessing confidence to make important product-related decisions.
What Tripnary offers
Tripnary promises a fun, energetic, and fast-paced startup environment and the opportunity to be an early member of a growing team of passionate and tight-knit group of young entrepreneurs with a vision. Because we are a startup, everyone on the team is fully involved on multiple levels. This allows you to gain a great deal of experience both within and beyond your specific area of expertise as everyone works cohesively to accomplish a greater goal. The founder brings over a decade of combined experience with software development and technology businesses delivering million-dollar software products. You will be coming into a very goal-oriented, technically grounded team. We promise exciting challenges, a broad range of experiences across a variety of projects and the chance to make a difference while working in a casual but fast-paced setting. Just remember to work hard and party harder (or in our case, travel farther — just make sure to bring back a fridge magnet from your adventures!).
What we are looking for
We are looking for people with:
- Experience building native Android apps with proficiency in Java, ADT including a deep understanding of Android SDK and internals (Data, Graphics, Animations, Notifications, etc.)
- Keen eye for design with demonstrated background to show
- Enjoy creating innovative implementations that push the platform to the limit
- Passionate about delivering a delightful experience to users
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming including algorithms, data structures, and design patterns
- Creative thinker with excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and debugging skills
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, fast learner with the ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to wear many different hats
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced startup environment
We prefer people with:
- Passion and love for everything travel
- Appreciation for design thinking
- Experience with RESTful web services (Google Maps, Facebook, Wikipedia, etc.), JSON, XML, and SQL
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in computer science/engineering or related field
We provide competitive salary packages based on experience.
How to apply
If you are interested to be part of Tripnary please drop us an email with your resume at [email protected]. Thanks a lot for your interest!
Location: Mumbai, India